Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to give my car a tune up and want only factory correct items on it
according to my AIM and various parts lists, I need a 800061 (D309R) Distributor Cap

problem is I see these in Brown, Black, Small R, Med R???

Anyone happen to know what is correct here? I'm thinking black, as that what mine currently is
but unsure of the Size of the R???
Thanks in advance

Rotor is a P/N 1971247 correct?

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
D309R? R caps weren't commonly used until the 1969 model year. Someone is feeding you a line.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the P/N on the delco Remy box for a GM number 800061 all say (D309R)
is there multiple Delco numbers for the proper distributor cap?
or is 80061 a newer P/N?? and I should be looking at a older P/N?
pretty sure my catalogs are 67 vintage....any help is great,,keep it coming!

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
My 1967 catalogue shows SS350 needs a cap numbered D308 / 1932018 and rotor D409 / 1932015. Both are black.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 1967 catalogue shows SS350 needs a cap numbered D308 / 1932018 and rotor D409 / 1932015. Both are black.

I must have been looking at some superseded numbers then,,,,Thanks for this!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
NOS D308's show up every once in a while for around 100-125 if you watch. I paid 35 each for several still in sealed boxes at a swap a couple of years back. If you're not in a panic, they still show up. Just depends what your time frame is.

Reactions: Niblet

·
Registered
426 Posts
NOS D308's show up every once in a while for around 100-125 if you watch. I paid 35 each for several still in sealed boxes at a swap a couple of years back. If you're not in a panic, they still show up. Just depends what your time frame is.
For this reason, I would buy a good repro, and then if/when I find that NOS D308 for a good price, I'd buy it and then install it for that "NOS warm fuzzy feeling".

I sold a 61 vette back in the early 80's because I spent $75.00 on a used gas cap for it (no real internet back then, so it took many phone calls to locate it). I did this because I lost points at the NCRS judging at Cypress Gardens because my gas cap was not a correct original. After screwing on that replacement used correct gas cap, I told myself that this car owns me, and not the other way around. It sold in two weeks.

Hats off to all that continue to keep these early cars original for us to admire. For me, I'll do what I can to keep it looking original with quality parts; mostly used parts at a decent price.

And drive it!!!

Reactions: Niblet

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
ok maybe my standards are a bit high,,,repro repulses me,,,I dont know why,,,,
maybe I will get the repro cap then...........
Due to ncrs and judging guidelines there are many excellent repro parts found within corvette retail houses. In some cases they are more correct than a later service replacement nos part. By the way, ncrs judging manuals can offer info as well on correctness as many things have commonality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts