Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, It's time to install my NOS door W/S on my 69. I'm not a trim guy and don't get involved much in installing this kinda stuff. I had to get a bank loan to buy it, and am a little concerned about using W/S glue. If I do, it will be the 3M black stuff. I need an opinion. How many of you have put this stuff on without using the glue? And does it do the job without it. The main reason I don't want to use glue, is if I have to remove it for any reason (can't think of why right now) I'll destroy it if I use glue.
Jim :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Jim;

I've used both yellow and black 3M adheasive and just plain old clear silicone to tack them in place. The clear silicone works good and would probably be easier to remove later. I installed a new outer door strip once and didn't clean the release agent off first - they didn't stick as well as usual, so maybe that would help you! Just don't wipe them off first and they should be easier to remove if you need to.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I installed mine today without glue, figured if it doesn't hold or any other problems I can always add the glue later, I bought the 3m black but wanted to avoid the mess, obviously it is up to you but might want to go without first. SS

·
Registered
298 Posts
Glue it and be done with it IMHO. If you don't it might roll over and take a permenent set in the wrong shape when the door is closed. You can use just a little bead of black glue like the factory did.
Roger

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
I've been doing some reading on the subject and it would appear that the factory didn't use glue on the door weatherstrip?? When I removed my original stuff, it wasn't hard to remove at all and I just thought the glue dried out, but after reading on it I think maybe they didn't use any glue.
:confused: Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts