Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are not on a Camaro , on a Trailblazer . BFG radial long trail T/A 245/70/16 the only DOT code that I find is DOT BF9LFB11 but it doesn't make sense , aren't the last 4 characters numbers. As an example 4007 would be the 40th week of 07 for date of man. I'm trying to figure out when these tires were made .

Thanks Steve:confused:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
sometimes both sides of the tires have part of the dot number, only one side gets a date stamp. maybe the other side of the tire will have the date code

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
sometimes both sides of the tires have part of the dot number, only one side gets a date stamp. maybe the other side of the tire will have the date code
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
I saw some thing in the news about tires being sold that were on the shelf to long and people were getting killed because of this happening.
This really irks me. I think the bureaucrats are in cahoots with the tire company's for power and cash. Now they say when perfectly good tires are 6 years old they all of a sudden become DANGEROUS?!!:mad: Total BS.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yeah, look on the other side of the tire you will find the intire dot code. The rubber manufactures of America states that tires are good for 10 years...I would not run anything longer then five on anything me or my family drives..

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked the inside face of the tires today and there still is no complete code number on either side . I talked to a woman at the NHTSA today also and she said they are required to have them ? The problem I'm having is the wife bought them ( all 4 matching tires ) with a road hazard warranty and one of them picked up 2 screws , they said they couldn't repair it so they replaced it . That seemed fine until she came home and the tire looks a little different from the other 3 ( slightly different tread , sidewall profile , lettering ) . Seems the radial T/A long trail tires are no longer made in that size so they used a Tour type long trail . I've already talked to BFG cust. service and they said they DO NOT recommend mixing the 2 tire types on the same axle or even the vehicle . What I was trying to do is to see if the original tires were old stock tires that had been sitting on the shelf when they sold them . Sometime this week we go back to the dealer when the manager is there with some paperwork from BFG and the NHTSA and see if they feel like putting on 3 new tires ( do you think I'm going to get an argument from them ? ) .If they knew that the radial T/A long trails were going to be discontinued they should have given the option of choosing another tire to her .

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm surprized , they hemed and hawed a little bit and then agreed to install 3 new tires to make it a matching set on the car , 100% free of charge .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts