Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1978 Camaro, has a straight 6 in it right now. Completely stock from factory. Currently rebuilding a 350 but trying to get this one started as well. My friend and I disconnected the fuel line and got a new fuel filter and its getting plenty of fuel to the carb. Thats no problem... but when you move the linkage back and fourth, no fuel is squirting down in there. I know some should but bone dry. Even though gas is getting there. What do you think the problem is? Starts with starting fluid but then stalls right away so I'm pretty confident that this is the problem on why its not starting. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Well, at start-up the throttle pump is mostly used to enrichen the mixture to speed the process. The choke should do most of the heavy lifting, especially in Arizona.
After you get out on the road, a bad throttle pump will cause a serious stumble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a rebuilt kit and adjusted choke and for now, starts and sounds good! Still got other things to do but it's not gunna be on the road any time soon. Thanks for the help, finished up for the night.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
:disco:Just love happy endings.:disco:
Hey! It's nearly cocktail hour.:beers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Camaro in 1978 did not come with a V6 in any model. Only L6 and V8. Happy hour tonight will certainly be great :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts