Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble starting my car back up after I run it. I have a 68' Camaro. It will start up fine from a cold start but once it is warmed up and then shut it off it will not start back up. It is like the battery is dead. I have bought a new battery and it worked fine for a while but then it started to do the same thing for a while. Then I bought a new alternator. Still the same problem. I adjusted the timing from one extreme to the next but still the same issue. I have also put in a new voltage regulator because my headlights would increase and decrease in power and then finally burn out. I disconnected the positive battery teminal while it was running and the engine shut off, even with a new alternator. Isn't is supposed to run without the battery? It seems like it is running with the battery and draining it down. I am not sure though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It should stay running with a good alt. It could be your starter getting hot. do you have a heat shield for the starter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts