Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked out the wheel codes on the plain Jan coupe my son and I are building up. All 5 ralley wheels (yes including the spare) are DG code 14x6 ralleys. Why would a plain Jane coupe have correct 1967 "SS" wheels on it? Sure the previous owner could have added these later, but with so many ralleys out there, why go through the effort of buying 5 "correct" DG's when any 14x6 would have done.

The more I look at this car, the more odd options I find.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I bet they are 100 percent stock off the showroom b/c Dealers used to AND still do load up cheap cars with options so they can charge more for them vs the sticker price..

An extra $50 for Ralley's vs painted steels and Dog-Dish hubcaps sorta thing... Might have even been switched new take-offs like is done today so many times..

pdq67

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to admit, the options on this car are a mishmash... vinyl top, ralleys, disc brakes but not power assist, no power steering, deluxe interior with fold down rear seat and buckets with head rests, and front and rear bumper guards. Unfortunately the front buckets and bumper guards are long gone. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts