1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Oil

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Best place to monitor oil pressure as it is at the end of the line. It will read lower gauge pressure than the plug above the oil filter as it has to go through all of the lifters to get to that point.

Big Dave

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my thought was it is a oil port but wanted to confirm, thanks

I have the OP gauge plumbed into the rear port behind china wall on the 327.

Was looking for a second water port as my heads don't have one so currently have the gauge "T" to the one port on my intake manifold with my dash light sender

·
Premium Member
5,383 Posts
Well my thought was it is a oil port but wanted to confirm, thanks

I have the OP gauge plumbed into the rear port behind china wall on the 327.

Was looking for a second water port as my heads don't have one so currently have the gauge "T" to the one port on my intake manifold with my dash light sender
Most heads have one port. Do you have a sender in each head? driver side head is between the first two spark plugs Passenger side will be between the last two spark plugs;

Jeff

·
3,424 Posts
Most heads have one port. Do you have a sender in each head? driver side head is between the first two spark plugs Passenger side will be between the last two spark plugs;

Jeff
Jeff,
A lot of the early heads did not have water temp ports. Just did a 327 for a Vette that did not have them.

OP,
If you are not too concerned with original appearance get a thermostat housing with a fitting in it. They also make them with two.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeff,
A lot of the early heads did not have water temp ports. Just did a 327 for a Vette that did not have them.

OP,
If you are not too concerned with original appearance get a thermostat housing with a fitting in it. They also make them with two.
yeah no ports on the heads.

The ported T stat housings, for me, don't work for 2 reasons. The 15 degree angle interferes with the only port on my Edelbrock intake and also does not clear the oil fill tube on the intake.

I have a taller "swivel" T stat housing and currently use a NPT "T" for the dash light & gauge sensors in the only water port on the intake

·
Premium Member
5,383 Posts
Jeff,

OP,
completely forgot about those heads. my first car was a 64 chevy II that a previous owner had transpanted a 327 4 bb from an Impala into. Next car was a 69 Camaro 307 with accessory hoes in the heads. I quickly forgot about those old double hump heads from that 327.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts