Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I have to say that I have been lurking here for some time, waiting to find a 1st gen. or other 67-9 Chevy. I owned a couple 1st gens decades ago and forgot most of what I need to know now.
It looks like I may have found one and it is time to join in.
A 68 327/PG Camaro-red/black interior code car, completely blown apart, missing engine /trans/back seat ,door panels/arm rests + rough rough rough. BUT it IS titled and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP ($300) It has the body work completed on the front clip and doors. I have a 68 Nova 4dr parts car (No title) that is complete and a BBC/T400 being built as I write this. also have a Large amount of 68-72 Nova stock and racing parts that will fit this car I think, 58" width Bronco 9", (yah I know, but 12 bolts are SPENDY here + START at $1200) 15" Rallys w new 235-60-15/215-70-15 rubber, New Hedman headers, Flowmaster exaust, BBC Camaro/Nova frame mounts, good GM Nova 3 core radiator,Nova PG/stick crossmember, Jaz Racing seats, gauges, fuel system etc in my parts stash from parting out my 72 Nova drag car.
I know I could find a MUCH better car for more money, but the BBC motor/trans took all of that :thumbsup: and think I can find a untitled more solid shell w/o doors and parts to replace the existing rotten shell in the future(Plenty to do until then).
Right now, I am trying to find out what fits from the 68 Nova to the 68 Camaro B4 I decide for sure and what is nessesary to mount up the BBC /T400. Obviuously from the above parts list I am not concerned w being correct or even having power brakes (too much cam anyway, I'll install discs), just getting it in there ,working and having an interior heater.( MN ;( )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Back to looking , just got back from looking the car over and something does not FEEL right about this car. The entire dash frame w VIN has been cut out and is missing. the front fender (1) has holes for SS emblems, but I see nothing on the id #'s showing any special equipment other than a G2 paint code (stripe/s?). No RE or springs ,rear sub rails rusted out., no steering box, no radiator support or radistor, It does have tinted back, qtr and pass door glass and a custom or deluxe model dash gauge pod, inner heater box w no core or OS cover, but does have the controls, shot dash pad ,good black rear seat, 1 door w black panel and one arm rest, 1 qtr inner trim panel hood ,deck lid ,glove box door., 1 Pass front fender that is solid but kinked, pass inner fender, pass headlight bucket , both lower front fenders. both bumpers, one pass side tailight, drivers side TL bezel is cracked- both TL lenses are good tho, It has some parts but nowhere near as complete as I was led to believe. It does have the title and cowl tag tho. If the VIN was there I'd buy it, probably make a good prostreet car but.... :(
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/dgas56/camaroVIN.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/dgas56/DuelmJuly4th08030.jpg

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Back to looking , just got back from looking the car over and something does not FEEL right about this car. The entire dash frame w VIN has been cut out and is missing. the front fender (1) has holes for SS emblems, but I see nothing on the id #'s showing any special equipment other than a G2 paint code (stripe/s?). No RE or springs ,rear sub rails rusted out., no steering box, no radiator support or radistor, It does have tinted back, qtr and pass door glass and a custom or deluxe model dash gauge pod, inner heater box w no core or OS cover, but does have the controls, shot dash pad ,good black rear seat, 1 door w black panel and one arm rest, 1 qtr inner trim panel hood ,deck lid ,glove box door., 1 Pass front fender that is solid but kinked, pass inner fender, pass headlight bucket , both lower front fenders. both bumpers, one pass side tailight, drivers side TL bezel is cracked- both TL lenses are good tho, It has some parts but nowhere near as complete as I was led to believe. It does have the title and cowl tag tho. If the VIN was there I'd buy it, probably make a good prostreet car but.... :(
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/dgas56/camaroVIN.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/dgas56/DuelmJuly4th08030.jpg

Mike,Welcome to Team Camaro.........Vin missing = major problems when trying to re-title and re-tag the Camaro in the future. I would find another suitable candidate for rebuilding:yes:.That's my opinion and I'm sure other's will differ from mine but that's what these forums are for, to gather information. Good luck in your search for another 1st gen. Camaro :yes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah, Thats how I see it. Even tho it is the right car , has the cowl tag and the hidden VIN #'s match the title, neither really mean anything w/o the VIN tag especially to state DMV inspectors. (MN has none other than for bonding or retitling , but it IS coming) :( I'll keep looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts