references part numbers for. I am going crazy trying to guess at sizes for
things like the nuts used to hold the heater box to the firewall. I have
the 68 Camaro assembly manual and like I said it only references the GM
part #.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey, rather than gather all of them up, most of the major resto companys offer a complete body bolt set, has hood bolts,trunk bolts,new headlight adjusters,new fender and inner fender bolts, just about everybolt you need when putting your car back together and they come in individual packages labeled so you know where they go!! its about 180 bucks and really worth it, they have a nice black oxide finish, i got one for my 68 camaro convert
Jake

·
Registered
241 Posts
Go to www.amkproducts.com they sell the fastener kits you're looking for. I've bought their front-end fastener kit and like Jake says, everything was in small bags, labeled and worked great.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The AMK kit is great. HOwever, I don't think the bolts are technically correct (correct shape, markings, coating, etc...). AMK does make technically correct bolts for Rustang, so I would think they would make them for Camaros at some point given the large market.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome and info! Its been a long time (22 years) since I have owned a classic, although they were just known as a muscle car back then. This is my 3rd Camaro first one was a 69 RS Z-28, 2nd 67 RS and this one is a 68 RS-SS. Won't get into how I picked it up to painful! Valuable lesson learned though DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY!!!! The clown that sold it to me played me like a fool (I was blinded by my need and want) and if anyone wants his name let me know as he is a real crook and if I could prevent anyone else from going through what I did I would. These cars are a lobour of love and I have alot of work to do.

Thanks again Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.