Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I pull the codes on my 97 Tracer? Then, is there an online source to interpret the code(s)?

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,Autogear M22,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
565 Posts
Rick,
I found this site on OBDII That even has a similar discussion group to camaros.net.

www.obdii.com (This URL has a look up for finding trouble codes)

I also found the following information for 82-94 Chevrolets but don't know if this will work for your Tracer.
You should need any specialized equipment to read trouble codes that are stored in the ECM if the "Check Engine" (on some cars it says "Service Engine Soon") light comes on. All you have to do is jumper terminals "A" and "B" and watch the light. It will flash once, pause, then flash twice. This is code 12 and indicates that the system is functioning normally. This will be repeated twice and then any codes will be displayed in numerical order in the same manner.

Good luck

------------------
69 RS Convertible Camaro, 350/350. Orignal red with black top and interior. Hotchkis suspension.
http://www.ragersworld.com/

[This message has been edited by jrager (edited 09-30-2002).]

·
Registered
522 Posts
OBD II systems need a special scanner. In 96 the big three and some imports went to the system and someone made a fortune. Gone are the days when you could cross the port on the chevy and count the number of times the check engine light comes on, or turn the key on a dodge three times and do the same. A few hundred bucks will get you the scanner at Checker, Schucks or Kragan outo parts. I have used it before. Is it accurate? Identified a faulty plug wire but turned out to be the alternator. I think because the battary had low voltage the computer sensed the first thing that was affected.......

------------------
Tim
67 ss/rs,
My slice of the web!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.