Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I a re leasing a 2007 Infinity G35X. On all the reviews she has been reading it says use PREMIUM GAS ONLY. What could happen if I don't? We have a 2002 Altima SE right now and it says the same thing. I would say 1 out of 10 times I use 89 and we never had any problems. I know why we use it and what could happen with higher comp, ping, detonation ect.... but with all the computers these cars have I never had any problems. remember its a LEASE.. Should I use 93oct? Just found the specs, this may be why...
Nissan updated the VQ line for 2007. The 3.5 L VQ35HR (for "high revolution" or "high response"). It produces 315 PS @6800 rpm and 358 nm @4800 rpm and compression ratio is 10.6:1. It has continuously variable valve timing control (CVTC) with hydraulic on intake cam and electromagnetic on exhaust cam and double overhead cam (DOHC) and 4 valves per cylinder with microfinished camshafts. Redline is 7500 rpm. The intake is a high-flow tuned induction system.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
premium gas for max performance / margin of safety relating only to knock resistance.

I'm sure it has a knock sensor and the computer will prevent any spark knock.

Just for comparison, I've run my Silverado SS on nothing but 89 octane, 98,000 mles since november of 04, no problems, no issues, no apparent loss of performance. 6.0 liters, 345 HP @ 5 thousand something, 11:1 compression. It also is labeled "premium fuel only."

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I had a BMW M3 and it said the same thing. You could use reg. but the performance would suffer. That can be OK if your OK with it because the computer adjusted the timing and the knock sensor would retard it if it knocked. I could really tell the difference though between reg and prem. I even used some high octane stuff and it really kicked loose. I guess the computer adjusted advance when there was no knock.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's wondering if 87 octane would hurt the engine?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
The 3.5 L VQ35HR (for "high revolution" or "high response"). It produces 315 PS @6800 rpm and 358 nm @4800 rpm
[/B]
what are PS and nm?
hp and torque? and you just are having a really bad day with the keyboard? JK
but on the fuel issue, just try it, put like 5 gallons of reg in an empty tank and see what happens, if it knocks or you dont like the performance, top it off with premium

1 - 6 of 6 Posts