Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a freshly prepped 406 block that I got back from the machinist. When I turned it upside down on the stand, a rod fell out and landed on the floor. It is not the solid polished rod for the fuel pump (that is still in place), but rather what looks to be an aluminum tube with a flared end, about 7 inches long. Honestly, it looks like a straight piece of metal fuel line, but it fell out of the block from somewhere. Is this thing just a misplaced fuel line scrap that ended up in the bag at the machinists, or is it something important?

Thanks for the advice,
BW

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i would say it is the dipstick tube. just put it back in the hole it fell out of, and push it all the way in. it should hang down below the oil pan ran 3-4 inches.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AHhhhhhhhh, that makes sense now. I forgot all about it to be honest with you, thanks! I will see if it goes in the hole properly.

UPDATE: It slides right in, fits flush with the deck, and protrudes out the bottom by about 2 inches or so. I guess you figured that out pretty good, and I thank you greatly. It had me baffled to be honest with you.

[This message has been edited by BreathWeapon (edited 11-22-2001).]

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
glad to help. always seems to be the easy stuff that gets us...

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts