Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site this morning. Looks like a great forum!
Hope someone can help. The RPM's on my tic toc tac will suddenly drop to zero, then return to normal. Sounds like a loose connection, but where? Also the clock does not work and hasn't in a very long time. The tach is original to the car so I would like to fix and not replace if possible.
Thanks in advance for the help.
68 rallye green SS 396/350hp

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pull your instrument panel out and check for 12V at the tic toc terminal. The tach problem is probably a loose connection at the coil either on the terminal or the connector to the wire itself. Let me know what you discover.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Does this always happen at the same rpm. and return to normal as soon as the rpm drops below that point?

What type of ignition is in the car?

If there is a tach filter, this can be a sympton of a filter with an incorrect sutoff frequency.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanksc CarlC for the info on where to get the clock fixed. I looked real quick at the connection at the coil and I think I found the problem. One wire seemed to float a little in the connector. I crimped it down snug and so far I have not had the problem since. Hopefully that did the trick. Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts