Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I was wrong about the dash nuts I see that OER just uses 10-32 no problem. But now that I have it sitting in the car I'm not so sure I like it? the front edge on the passenger side doesn't look finished? Anybody have any pictures of what this is supposed to look like on the finished edge?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The repro '68 pad are, IMO, poor.

Not only is front edge not finished well but after you screw it down you may notice that it does not set flat on the dash. It may have some big gaps on the front edge. I spend the better part of a morning with a hot putty knife cutting excess foam away so it would flatten. Don't take too much off or you may loosen the cheapo thin strip of metal that the studs are attached to.

If I were to do it again Just Dashes is the way to go. Torker had his done there and it is outstanding.

------------------
Click here to see see my car and hear 5-speeds. http://www.geocities.com/casanoc

·
Registered
995 Posts
If your old dash is still around,you can rebuild it,by yourself.After I rebuilt it I sent it to an upholstry shop,they put on the vinyl.The dash looks exactly like the origional.Cost--- 150$.The OER dash sucks!!!

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

·
Registered
315 Posts
I agree the OER dash is not the best repo part out there. I bought one and returned it after seeing how it looked on my car.

I tried the upholstry route but they wanted $230 here to do it.

I am going to send mine to just dashes. There cost is about $330 but it will be exactly like orginal where the upholstry would have had a seem on the edge.

Kel

------------------
It never ends...it just keeps getting better!http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1391133&a=10384235&p=37846926&Sequence=0&res=high

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yes,mine has a seam on each edge.For this car it's perfect,though.You really cant see the seam,unless you're looking for it.

------------------
68 z28 ,68 rs 327 ,73 454 vette, 2 goofy kids

1 - 6 of 6 Posts