Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I have a brand new set of e'm got mine last fall on a trade , mine I think would fit better on a ford pinto , the worst repo parts I ever had , pure junk , they are shiny though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Mine didn't fit well either. I had to center them to split the gap between top and bottome and then re-drill. I'm not very happy with them but thats all thats wa available a year ago.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep...they leave a bit to be desired. Much the same as the OER instrument housing. They don't match anything, and they fit like crap.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i was just about to order these,this sounds bad. who's company did you guys order? maybe ill try someone else.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I ordered both from Ricks. The cluster housing had a big groove in it right between the two gauges so I returned it. They call me back to tell me they weren't going to be able to find one that was any better. I ordered the same part from Year One and the Ricks folks were right. The second one was just as bad. I gotta believe you'll run into the same thing no matter where you get them. I'm not sure if there is any better alternative though...

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
i hava a pair on my 68, they came with the car, not installed. i saw why when i installed them, mine fit, but not very well, and they look like hell imo. i bought a perfectly good used pair at a swap meet for 20$, they were in a box of misc. stuff. those boxes can prove to be treasure chests, good deals on good dirty parts. i'd look for some originals, and not waste the $ on OER crappola, imo.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Put mine on and they lasted a week and they ripped out in the top screw holes,doesnt matter to me as my upholstery man that is doing my custom interior will be covering them anyway,wouldn't you think whoever is building this repro stuff would sooner or later buy a damn tape measure,that goes for everthing we buy,nothing fits easy with out hogging holes or something.I sure would think the parts places like Rick's or Classic get enough fittment complaints and to pass it along to the manufacturers,all restorers and body men are having problems,seems to me they are buiding this stuff out of whack because of patent laws or something!

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea mine are total crap, theyre made of soft rubber, as opposed to being reinforced with metal as the stockers are if i remember right, so i decided to just repaint my stockers, theyll look about the same and actually work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. Don't even get me started on the OER dash carrier. For that much $$ it should be perfect.

I saved my old pillar post moldings. They have a few cracks in them. What is the best way to fix them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts