Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is all the garbage in the off topic forum now appearing when I search for new posts? It never used to and I didn’t even know it existed.

I was thinking of renewing my membership but the hate I see posted in there has convinced me not to. That crap does not belong anywhere on a car form imho....

Don

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,613 Posts
I thought there was an option to see it or not in your profile (or other settings) or something like that.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,336 Posts
Don, please expound on what you are seeing. I searched the site for "EFI" and this is what I got back;

But maybe you weren't talking about this kind of search. Then I clicked on "New Posts" and all I got back were new posts on this forum. I don't see what you are seeing. I am using Google Chrome. Maybe it is not the forum. Maybe it is your internet browser.
Brett....

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am referring to the “New Posts” feature. I select 24 hours and I have started seeing Off Topic threads appear within the past couple of days. Never used to. I can’t find a way to stop it. Reflects badly on this forum imho....

Don

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I clicked on "New Posts 24 Hours" and got this;
I don't see what your getting. Are you sure the "Forum" is responsible?
Brett

-

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I am since someone else is reporting it above. It may have something to do with my paid membership expiring....

Don

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
I think this is what Don is taking about. I have noticed these the last few days. Hell o commented on one yesterday , and Poof it's fine now. Showed like 1500 post on it. I'm using chrome on an Android phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Same here. Never saw anything in “new posts” from OffTopic before a couple of days ago, and that’s on multiple different browsers and computers.

Someone flipped a master switch somewhere on the forum control panel.

Really don’t want to read that crap here, was disappointed to see it was lurking here all along. I stopped reading silver bullet because of that sort of stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Your right. Too much negativity and shoving opinions. I have the ability to watch CNN or FOX if I need to get that information.

Reactions: frog7151

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
699 Posts
Well, there was that notice about some changes to the forum about 4 or 5 days ago. Probably reset some things and now that filters through. I am seeing this morning threads on Trump, Hillary and one other that I have never seen. I am going to follow Brett's lead and make sure I am unsubscribed from that group. Frankly, not even sure why it exists to begin with. You want to rant politics, go on a political forum.

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
699 Posts
As a follow up, that info in settings is just to join the group, you can't block the group from showing up. So I surmise this is something the administrators need to address rather than controlled by the UI. Either was, the recent discussion panel to the right of my screen has a total of 10 topics with 2 being off topic political ranting. Not my cup of tea.

·
13,742 Posts
It has always showed up on my New Post search.

You can read but can not post unless you join the group.

I thought/think there is a setting to allow you to block it.

I'll see what I can find out.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Brett, Look at the 4th post down from the top on your snap shot.
Al,
Yes I'm understanding now what he is talking about. I actually was thinking that those posts are of the type that the moderators would delete because it is not appropriate for this site. Initially, I thought he was talking about pop-up advertising that was invading the site.
Brett.....

·
13,742 Posts
Off Topic is not Moderated by us. It's enter at your own risk.

I agree I don't know why we even have it.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,444 Posts
Friday night (about the same time all HELL started breaking loose around the Country) it started showing up for me and I use the classic version here TC. Was a little surprised at what (and who) all takes place in that forum.....

EDIT; BTW, someone must govern it as there was some bashing going on Friday night and the entire thread was GONE the next day (I couldn't resist checking). lol

1 - 20 of 51 Posts