Team Camaro Tech banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
pdq67 said:
Brackneyc,

I know.

Not practical at all, but if it would ever happen, wouldn't this old rock be a lot better place to live on?

pdq67
I don't know for sure if it would be or not. If you are rich (as in good life, and all basic needs being met) and healthy, and everyone suddenly became equal, I suspect your life would change for the worse, not everyone elses for the better. Equality almost always means lower standards for the masses. RE: communism. :) But I know you were just being funny. Of course I wish everyone had it all, but what fun would it be to have it all if everyone else did too. I have a 67 because I like it, and it is unique. If everyone had one, it would just be a car.

·
Premium Member
19,493 Posts
You have to be very insightful to dig up this thread and the MLK thread, to reply on today. Both threads are very old and you did some homework to find then.

Welcome to the site Aiden.

I guess this is a sign of the time when the MLK thread is moved to OT. That thread is a good thread and shouldn't have been moved.

Roger

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Here we go again,,,, Yes profits are up. With those profits oil companies have the $$ for reinvestment in buying additional leases, upgrading equipment, drilling for new resources and hiring additional personnel (both company and third party services). Also keep in mind the huge damage caused in the Gulf of Mexico by the rash of hurricanes. Many platforms suffered major damage, which of course will cost a large amount of $$ to repair.
Along with buying off politicians

61 - 67 of 67 Posts