Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro RS restored mostly original, 68 Camaro Pro Touring build in progress
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which models had the oil filler tube in the manifold? I am restoring a 68RS 327/275hp, but it has an aftermarket manifold without the filler tube, so not sure what this car should have. If I wanted to keep the aftermarket manifold for performance purposes, could it be machined to accept the filler tube?

·
Registered
601 Posts
i got a performance manifold with oil filler tube in it. i dont know about machining it to except it. i want to sell mine if interested. i dont need it anymore. or buy valve covers to have a cap in cover. that way you can add oil. e mail me and ill get all info off of it i know it is an edelbrock high rise manifold from back in the 70s also on a 283 racing motor.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
the 68 327-275 came with an iron q-jet manifold with an oil filler tube. The tube did not have a connection for a pvc like the 67's did.

Many aftermarket manifolds have a circular recess cast in underneath where the oil filler tube goes. My performer rpm did. Opening it up was a simple matter of drilling a bunch of holes and connecting the dots with a rotary grinder, then filing and sanding until he hole was both round and the correct size.

Reproduction oil filler tube availability leaves a lil to be desired. I ended up with a chrome vette piece with the pvc fitting, which I used with a 67 pvc valve. The vette piece is maybe an inch shorter than the Camaro's should be.

I like it. You can put oil in right out of the can and not spill a drop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.