Premium Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I did. Couldn't find it. :frown2:

We do have a Fastenal in our town. Might try there after Christmas.
Bosch SP0F000006 Nylon Tubing Kit for Oil Pressure Gauge & Mechanical Gauge

$5.83 $5.07

(You save $0.76)
See Sale Price in Cart (why?)Manufacturers occasionally suggest that products be advertised at their suggested retail price. When we decide to sell items for less than the suggested price, the sale price can only be shown in your cart.
Brand: Bosch

Write a review

SKU:
BOSFST7554

Condition:

Weight:

Availability:

Shipping:
Calculated at checkout

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
I like to use copper line. Never had a leak with a copper line . I have had good results with split and solid ferrils.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Perhaps stating the obvious, it looks like it may be seeping around the threads. Did you try teflon tape on the threads?

·
Super Moderator
32,769 Posts
you can use Kevin's suggestion, just replace the plastic line with copper tubing.

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I like to use copper line. Never had a leak with a copper line . I have had good results with split and solid ferrils.
The only think I don't like about copper is it being so rigid and unforgiving when routing to a gauge. But maybe I should.

Perhaps stating the obvious, it looks like it may be seeping around the threads. Did you try teflon tape on the threads?
Someone previously tried the tape and they were unsuccessful.

you can use Kevin's suggestion, just replace the plastic line with copper tubing.
This may be what I end up with sure enough.

Or maybe this Bosch FST 7584 SP0F000012 https://www.jbtoolsales.com/bosch-sp0f000012-copper-tubing-installation-kit-for-oil-pressure-gauge/
Thanks!

·
Retired
26,739 Posts
Your link takes me to the front page of Ecklers website to no specific part. But no, not at the block. It seeps oil at the back of the gauge where the line attaches.
Odd from a completly diff computer I get the part... the fitting you show doesn't go on the back of the gauge.

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Odd from a completly diff computer I get the part... the fitting you show doesn't go on the back of the gauge.
I imagine it is very possible this is the wrong part on the back of this gauge.

·
Super Moderator
32,769 Posts
If a flared fitting, as shown, get a copper sealing washer from local Pneumatic/Hydraulic shop and place between tubing flare and fitting flare.
If compression fitting, you can get just a new compression flare, same place, and cut off end of tubing for a new diameter of tube fitting to fit.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
The Bosch copper or nylon kit will both work. I have had the best results with the copper. It is not ridged. It is very easy to work with. The nylon will kink if you are not careful. Just need to throw a dart and choose.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Looks close but not quite his fitting...
Put a little tape on those threads. Then screw on the step down adapter fitting. You can then put a little tape on the step down fitting. Slide the nut on the line... And install the "New" Ferrell. Never try to re use a Ferrell. Simply tighten the nut while making sure the line is bottomed out while tighting. Then step back .. Take a swig of Dr Pepper and be proud of your fix. That simple.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
You got this. No doubts, but yes stock up. With 23 flavors, it can't be wrong.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts