Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how this would happen? I am not talking just a drop or two I am talking about taking it out and pointing the vacuum hose hookup point to the ground and it poured out!
Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
does your engine have proper crancase ventilation? make sure it does!!!

does it have a pcv and breather? make sure it does!!!

where is your vacc adv line connected?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I had this issue. I believe my vacuum hose was connected to an incorrect port. My current theory is that when I hit the gas some of the fuel was sucked into the canister as the diaphragm moved from the loss of vacuum. over time the fuel collected in the canister. I relocated the connection and will need to verify if it changed.

TTFN
Mat

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Are you sure you didn't use an old tranny modulator line?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does your engine have proper crancase ventilation? make sure it does!!!

does it have a pcv and breather? make sure it does!!!

where is your vacc adv line connected?
Prior to a couple of weeks ago the PCV was hooked up with a breather but I have added the Valve Cover to Air Cleaner base line. The vacuum adv line was hooked up to the most bottom left small port on a Edelbrock 1405 Carb ( this is standing at the nose of the car and looking down at the carb)

Are you sure you didn't use an old tranny modulator line?
The previous owner had some type of line that was orange in color for the vacuum line. I changed it out this weekend to real vacuum hose.

I am putting in a new vacuum advance once I get the right one but was wondering if this has happened to anyone or ideas of what would cause this.
Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I am putting in a new vacuum advance once I get the right one but was wondering if this has happened to anyone or ideas of what would cause this.
Thanks Ray

I was in the trade back in the late 60's and through the 70's and I can't recall ever seeing a vacuum advance unit with oil inside it.

-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts