Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I thought was a valve cover leak and it may still be that but it appears that oil is coming from the exhaust port at the #7 cylinder. I removed the header and it appears that oil is in the exhaust port or it could be from the valve cover leaking and saturating through the header gasket. Is it possible for oil to blow through the exhaust port? It's a new head and gasket, could the rings be bad and allow oil to blow through? I am getting tired of removing the valve cover and want to know if the oil could be coming from the exhaust port. I think I have the cover fixed now and was replacing the header gasket and want to know if oil is possible to be coming from there. I hope not because I just want to fire this puppy up and go.

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
What dose the #7 spark plug look like... If its not wet with oil then its not a bad cylinder rings or valve guids... Its probably your valve cover gasket.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I removed the header and it appears that oil is in the exhaust port or it could be from the valve cover leaking and saturating through the header gasket.

Not likely.The temp at the exhaust flange on a running engine is sufficient enough to burn off oil and should show up as underhood smoke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts