Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built a 454 for a friend and he wanted to use his chrome oil pan. There is a small hole that the front pan seal has to help hold the front rubber gasket in place, it's now leaking oil out of that hole, short of pulling the engine, what is a good fix? Any help appreciated, Wayne

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
It is a common necessity to re-torque Oil Pans after an Engine has been run - especially when using After-Market Pans and Timing Covers as the Radius's may conflict and the Oil Pans take a Set. I suggest you clean around that Gasket locating Hole with a De-greaser (If necessary loosen the Pan and drop the front a touch), inject RTV into the hole and re-torque the entire Pan - That is before you think about pulling the engine ;o)

·
Super Moderator
32,519 Posts
Chrome plating leaks. As said, clean with lacquer thinner/BraKleen® and a good sealant, such as Mopar Black RTV, and let it set overnight to cure.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
chrome plating leaks. As said, clean with lacquer thinner/brakleen® and a good sealant, such as mopar black rtv, and let it set overnight to cure.
x2 ,chrome oil pans blow!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
X3, this happened to me when I built my 396. I threw out the repro pan and bought a NOS oil pan and all set....

Jeff G.

68 4-speed Vert
69 RS/SS 396 Vert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts