Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY THANX FOR LOOKING , HEVE A ? , I HAVE A 1968 CAMARO , LAST SPRING , I BUMPED UP THE HORSEPOWER A BIT ,MOSTLY EVERYTHING eldebrock , PERFORMER , INTAKE , ALUMININUM HEADS PERFORMER CAM , ROLLER ROCKERS DOUBLE TIMING CHAIN , HIGH VOLUME PUMP , 411 POSI GEAR , SHIFT KIT , BORED OUT 30 OVER , 350 MOTOR YOU NAME IT , IVE DONE JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING WITHIN MY POCKETBOOK , MY ? IS I HAVE OIL AROUND THE HEADS BOTH SIDES , THOUGHT IT WAS MY VALVE COVER GASKETS TOOK THEM OFF TWICE , JUST WONDERING COULD MY HEADS BE LEAKING , I USED THE GOOD GASKETS ON THE HEAD S TOO , COST AROUND 60. DOLLARS FOR THEM , DO YOU HAVE TO RETORK THE HEADS AFTER A FEW MILES OR WHAT , USUALLY STARTS TO SMOKE A LITTLE AFTER ITS WARMED UP , THOUGHT IT WAS MY REAR MAIN SEAL , BUT ITS ALWAYS AROUND MY HEADS LEAKING ON MY HEADERS , SMOKES LIKE CRAZY THEN DISAAPPEARS , IM STUMPED OR JUST MISSING SOMETHING ANY IFO OR POINTERS THANX , LATER ERIC , FROM OHIO .

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wouldn't be any oil in this area of the heads, antifreeze maybe, no oil. Still seems like valve covers. Put a thin layer of blue RTV gasket sealer on both sides of the gasket when you replace it, tighten the covers mildly, don't overtighten. Might need to try a different set of covers. Make sure the bolt hole area is not bent from overtightening the bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts