Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new ....I have a 69 Camaro with a 350 and I have those valve cover caps with filters(where you put the oil in) and the oil keeps leaking down on my headers and burning ....really stinks and does not look good for a 1st gen camaro(trying to keep the image). Any ideas how I can prevent this embarrassing white smoke? Thanks and I am glad to be among suck knowlegable buffs... I am sure I'll post alot to you all so THANKYOU for you help!!!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,449 Posts
Are you running covers with baffles built in? Something like the Edelbrock chrome or the stock ones. I have run the K&N style breathers that pop into the covers. I tried them with the billet aluminum style valve covers; they all dripped oil. I tried the shielded open breather style; still dripped oil. I bought the rubber baffle style grommets for the breathers; still dripped oil. This was on engines with 1% leakdown, not worn out engines. I just replaced the covers on both my 406 small blocks with inexpensive chrome tall covers with stock style breathers; neither have leaked a drop since. That was the only cure that worked for me. It wasn't a crankcase pressure problem as much as the sheer volume of oil splashing around under the covers, especially at high rpm. Additionally I always run a pcv valve on all the motors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts