Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 80' camaro and the oil light had been on a few weeks before i parked it for the winter. it is still on and am thinking it is the oil pressure. Would buying a pressure gadge be the best way to figure it out or am i missing something. thanks.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Definately get a gauge and verify the pressure. I hope by
the oil light had been on a few weeks before i parked it for the winter
you're not saying you drove it for a few weeks before parking it.

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
A oil light sender is rather cheap...just replace it...
you're not saying you drove it for a few weeks before parking it.
That what I wondered too...
No referemnce to the orginal poster, but I fail to compreheng how ppl drive when a RED light comes on!!! RED light,,,STOP!! same as traffic lights

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
A oil light sender is rather cheap...just replace it...
Good point, that would be the simplest and cheapest fix. I guess I am a guy who likes to see the measured value to give me piece of mind, but it may be the sledge-hammer approach in this case. Hope it is just the sensor, and if it's not, I hope that motor didn't run too long with the red light on.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
chances are if the red light was on and there actually was a problem, he wouldnt have made it for a couple of weeks...more likely the sensor went south...ofcorse, even my wife knows not to drive with the oil light on...she`d leave it parked at the grocery store and hitch before having to listen to me bitch because she lunched the motor over putting oil in the car!!!

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
I guess I am a guy who likes to see the measured value to give me piece of mind,
I have the idiot light and the oil guage connected, 'Ted' of the block
One doesnt look at the gauges all rhe time, espec in cornering...having the idiot light flash is far more reliable...
Same for tmp warning.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My old 80Z would illuminate the oil light when the choke fuse blew (used same circuit).
Might want to check that before replacing a sending unit.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Right on Bill :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts