Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new stock oil pan for my '68. A friend of mine told me I might have to raise the front of the engine 2 to 3 inches to make the swap. Any truth to this? It does look awfull tight. (Stupid kid that had the car before me must have took it off roading, it has big dent in the bottom)

------------------
'68 Camaro Coupe
350, PG trans

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes you are going to have to jack up the motor atleast a couple inches. You have to clear the timing cover flange in order to take it out. Shouldn't be too hard, good luck

Tim

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did my pan last winter. I used a cherry picker to lift the engine about 3"-4" and pulled the pan right out & slid the new one right in. Distributor clearance against the firewall, fuel lines and radiator hoses may be an issue. If you use a picker, be sure to prop the arm of the picker up with a 2x4 or 4x4 of correct length once the desired height is reached. You don't want to risk smashing your hands!!!

Glenn

·
Registered
715 Posts
Clean the oil off the mating sufaces real good so any silicone will adhere by the timing cover and the rear main cap.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr brakes,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,3200 stall Dynamic converter,3.31:1 posi,Autometer guage pod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts