Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new 502 502 engine have to change oil pan to Moroso to fit chasis does anybody know if you can reuse original gasket it's looks good and new pan fits well should I take a chance with it or get new one this engine is new and never filled with oil. Thanks someone let me know please

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
If it's the one piece neoprene gasket, with the reinforced side rails, I'd re-use it. Those things are around $50 from GM. Just make sure everything, including the gasket, is spotlessly clean and free of damage. Make a note of where the factory used sealer, if any, and duplicate that on reinstall. My .02.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the gasket was never removed from block and seems stuck to block and the only sealer is on the corners of of the block between the gasket and the block - Question should I use any sealer between new pan to gasket such as in corners. Thanks guys Edd Gordon

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Edd,

I'd re-do it just like the factory did, they have done enough that I trust they know what they're doing. I even used the GM sealer on mine - you can get it in a tube at your local friendly Chevrolet dealer. (Permatex RTV black should also do the trick - stay away from the blue stuff - that's a FORD color)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts