Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a Heidts front subframe in a 69 camaro. It has the Rack and Pinion. The motor is a LS3. The oil pan hits the r&p before it lines up to the motor mounts. He added to the motor mounts but now the driveshaft angle is terrible and you can tell by looking at the motor it is tilted back.

Cant bring the back of the motor up because the header flanges are hitting the floorboard.

Does anyone know the correct oil pan to use? Other option is to modify his pan. The very front 2"or 3" is where it hits.

The pan he has looks to have about a 2-1/2" sump in the front and it needs about a 1/2" sump in the front. Is there a LS oil pan like that?

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like my buddy has the Hummer pan and needs the F body pan. We are still investigating.

The sad thing is he added a pipe to the top of the existing frame mount and now I have to remove it to lower the motor back down. This is on both sides. I am going to try and do it with the motor in the car. So much fun.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got the F body pan in. We ended up having to remove the trans and flywheel. We also had to use a engine hoist to raise the motor about 2 inches to get the new pan on. The oil pickup is in the middle of the pan and the new pan hit the crossmember and would not slide under the oil pickup. What a pain in the butt.

Oh yea if you have a Heidts front subframe this is the pan you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts