Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok here is the issue:

Upon changing oil and during the first 1100 miles or so

Oil pressure is fine, on start up its about 70 psi aometimes a bit higher upon warm up at idle its about 40 psi, at 3000 its about 65. no issues

after 1100 miles or a couple of hard runs with boost, idle oil presure is about 30 psi, 3000 rpm about 55 psi,after the oil gets like this if I do a hard run oil pressure goes up then drops fown to 30 psi at 3000 rpm, when i go around turns hard oil pressure drops as well like from sloshing.

383 supercharged stroker

any ideas?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Does the oil smell like fuel? Sounds like fuel dilution.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
What kind of oil pump? What type of oil? Viscosity?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
If all else appears normal I'm guessing its an oil control issue. What pan are you using?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20w50, canton oil pan 6qt. oil does not smell like fuel,b ut its hard to tell it stinks anyway, iam using the canton oil pickup the pan is suppose to be a road race pan. high pressure Z28 pump(69).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you mention fuel dilution any definitive way to check for this and how would this happen, exhaust looks totally normal, my air fuel ratio is 13.0 on the wideband

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could it be that my motor is running too cold I very rarley get over 160 degrees. I hear this can lead to fuel dilution?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
The pressures you list are not scary, but from your post it sounds like under power you see the pressure rise then start to drop off, is that correct?

I may not be following you, but if it drops under throttle it sounds like an oil control issue (pan, pump, pick up etc.)

If it's fuel diluted you will notice the oil seems thin and it will smell like fuel.

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
yes the pressure problem is under power but if the oil is fresh It doesnt happen
Loose bearings or need to run 20-50wt oil or just not enough oil covering the sump? What happens when you over fill ? How many quarts you running? Type pan? Pump pickup about to fall off?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts