Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the console gauges out and am considering replacing the current nylon tubing I have for my oil pressure gauge. I have never had any problems with it, but I have had the same line for about 15 years.

Do you think that I should go ahead and change the line while I have the gauges out? If so, should I use copper or braided stainless this time instead of the nylon tubing?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I would be VERY careful with that.

The fittings on the factory console oil pressure gauge and that nylon tube are kinda weird... I don't recall if it's that ther repro lines fit factory gauges but not reproduction gauges, or mybe it's the other way around. Sometimes it seems when people get posting about this that nothing fits without leaking.

You don't wanna end up with a leak you can't fix when there's not a problem now.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
That's a tough call. I'm sure that ozone and ultraviolet radiation have taken their toll on the tubing. But, I hate projects that turn out to be more trouble than they're worth. Might have to consult the magic 8-ball.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I replaced mine yesterday. First I used the supplied copper or brass whatever it's made of, compression fitting on the guage and it leaked. I had to use one that is in the shape of a cone for the console gauge. The one on the block (cylinder shape) worked fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts