Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 68 396 block i need to know where the oil pressure line goes, there are 3 holes directly above the oil filter the one in the middle is pluged off and the ones to the left and right of the middle are different sizes the one on the right being the same size as the middle and the left smaller, it just got rebuilt after setting for 3 years so i forgot ........anyone help!

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
I suggest you put it in the hole for the front main. This is the farthest from the oil pump and will tell you if there is a problem anywhere in between. If you hook it to the back of the block you could have a undetected problem farther forward.

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"

·
Registered
233 Posts
I put mine in the front left corner on my BB. Big gear head is absolutely right.

69er

------------------
69 Camaro 454
71 Nova 454

If your not living on the edge then your taking up too much space

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not to sound like an a$$ but witch on do i unplug to use on the front and which one do i cap off by the filter?

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Cap off all by the filter and remove the one on the bottom front driver's side of the block. There is also one just around the corner in the front of the block that will work just as good. If you are using the plastic tubing for the gauge be VERY carefull of heat from the headers! I've seen a few big blocks go bad quick from the tubing melting and all the oil being pumped on the ground before the driver noticed it. I almost lost 2 this way myself. The Auto Meter pro light is real good for this purpose.

------------------
'69 RS/SS396 pro street
427/4spd/9"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts