Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am currently doing a complete new wiring harness on my 1970 camaro it has a 454 in it. I have a wire on the harness that they are telling me needs to go onto the oil sending unit ( this is for the oil dummy light). I cannot find the oil sending unit, i did find a "oil sending unit" that has a 1/8 copper line coming out of it and though fire wall to the oil pressure gauge.

Is this my oil sending unit except mine is mechanical and they have a wire for an electrical unit??

Thank you Chad

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Re: oil sending unit??

Hello,
I am currently doing a complete new wiring harness on my 1970 camaro it has a 454 in it. I have a wire on the harness that they are telling me needs to go onto the oil sending unit ( this is for the oil dummy light). I cannot find the oil sending unit, i did find a "oil sending unit" that has a 1/8 copper line coming out of it and though fire wall to the oil pressure gauge.

Is this my oil sending unit except mine is mechanical and they have a wire for an electrical unit??

Thank you Chad
in a word...yes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You could also install an electric oil sending unit and plug your wiring harness in to it. Then you'd have the gauge as well as the idiot light.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
or at the least fold it back and tape it up just in case down the road you want to change it or need a lead already routed through the bulkhead connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts