Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are a couple pics of the frame/body mount areas. i guess im wondering how bad is bad. and whats the best way to fix this. do you think this is past trying to fix with those replacement mounting plates? am i going to have to fasion a whole new mounting plate from scratch?

i moved to working on the front end of the car because in still scared of the 1/4 repairs needed on the back end. especially after reading the horror stories about the body shops.

so since im not going to turn the car around again in the garage until i have the whole front end finished, please let me know what you think.

right side
left side

·
Registered
581 Posts
I believe they sell patches for those areas at Ricks or another Camaro shop. Doesnt look too bad in my opiion.

·
Registered
768 Posts
those look a little bit thinner than mine were but you could still fix them like i did. i sandblasted real good and mig welded around and around and then ground the welds flat and reshaped the holes. no patches at all and just as thick as it was originally. by the time i was done you couldn't tell there was ever anything done. took me about a days worth of welding and grinding to fix all the bad areas.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Those arent that bad...easy fix :thumbsup: I would probably just cut out the thinned area and weld in a flat piece. I even have a template of where to cut the holes that may help ya ;) (NO, its not to scale, and NO, Im not an artist) :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,

im thinking i might get the replacement plates. i was looking at them today. im thinking if i order those it may make a better template or even replacement. it all depends what they look like when i get them.

i tell you, its like one step foward two steps backwards lately with this car. i cant wait until im done with the suprises.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts