Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a member for a while now, just have not participated online in some time. So I guess this is my attempt to get back into the swing of things...

I just purchased a 69' convertible from a buddy. I built it about 5 years ago (while on crutches the entire time), and just recently he needed to sell it due to money woes. I couldn't bear to see it go, so I bought it off him.

It has a dart block (540) and dart pro1 heads, dyno'd at 696.4HP on pump gas, very street-able. Has a muncie w/ super-case, qa1 coil overs, all the neat stuff. I drive it 2-3x a week when the weather is nice. It has a gorgeous black paint job and I'm currently in the process of restoring the interior to it's stock look.

I've attached a pic of it for your viewing pleasure, lemme know what you think of it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Nice...very nice. I've always had a soft spot for soft tops (pun intended). Best of luck with the interior. She's a beast.

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
Welcome back, Dave. Nice buy and looks like the Supervisor is on the job.
Or would he be the future driver? Maybe for his HS prom?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome back Dave!!! The car looks great from what I can see...... I would really like to see a big picture of that beast! The engine/trans combo sounds awesome for sure....

Did you do any mods to the steering, brakes, suspension when you built the car?

Keep the pictures coming if you get a chance.... I want to save them on my desktop!!!:yes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back, Dave. Nice buy and looks like the Supervisor is on the job.
Or would he be the future driver? Maybe for his HS prom?
I'm seeing many years of polishing in his future before I sell to cover his college ;) I know how I was when I turn 16 in my 71 camaro...He'll have to build his own!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome back Dave!!! The car looks great from what I can see...... I would really like to see a big picture of that beast! The engine/trans combo sounds awesome for sure....

Did you do any mods to the steering, brakes, suspension when you built the car?

Keep the pictures coming if you get a chance.... I want to save them on my desktop!!!:yes:
I'll send you some hi-res pics I have of it. Love the BMR products, btw - ran them on the front and rear of my ws6.

The suspension is basically stock restored with the addition of qa1 adjustable coil-overs on the nose. I've been debating upgrading the a-arms, pondered a custom frame, and in the end I come back to if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So either I leave it be and enjoy it, or put more effort into breaking it - for now I'll go with the prior :)

I've been driving it a lot lately while the weather holds out and I can't get over how good of a road car it is. Rides great, handles well...With a 700hp big block up front you can only go around a corner so fast...with that combined w/ the 69 roadrunner I'm still finishing, nothing will prob happen this winter on the suspension front. When I ditch the stock wheels and go to bigger I will add a big brake setup though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts