Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:can any one tell me what year this is?
please contact me at my e mail [email protected]
i have searched and searched but there is no information on a round hurst stick shifter with no numbers that was not cut and welded with plug and play actions. i need to know a year for it. if i want to be accurate. i can not find any forged hurst models either so it was not faked the only number is under the grip and it is a 7 with initals on other side looked like it was part of the mould every shifter stick i look at is flat somewhere on it this is round all the way with the 2 hurst semi flat spots on sides. the bottom has 2 holes one side has ridges from top to bottom .the other side is smoothe. it is hard to measure do to the degres in bends but from top to bottom with handle on it is about 13 or 14 inches long total on inside bottom with handle and has a complete different if i measure the outside top of handle if i wrap the tape on outside circumfrance of the bar it is allmost 2 inches it looks like but i could be wrong as i am not good with a tape measure i need to know help me please if you need better pictures ask i will send as many as you need to be sure
thank you all

Attachments

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
That Hurst shifter handle was (most likely) not used on an "original assembly line" shifter. It was (most likely) used on an "aftermarket" or "over the counter" shifter made for replacement of an original shifter mechanism. 99% of the Hurst handles used as "original equiptment" shifter handles did not bolt on, but sorta snapped into a hole at the top of the shifter itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Hurst shifter handle was (most likely) not used on an "original assembly line" shifter. It was (most likely) used on an "aftermarket" or "over the counter" shifter made for replacement of an original shifter mechanism. 99% of the Hurst handles used as "original equiptment" shifter handles did not bolt on, but sorta snapped into a hole at the top of the shifter itself.
i found some other information from a guy that rebuilds hurst shifters and he says

The stick you have is from a 1964 or 1965 Plymouth Valiant; Barracuda (non console )
or Dodge Dart.

There is a special shifter that it bolts to, it will not work in the car with a modern replacement shifter because the angle is wrong.

The stick you have is original to this base:

The base will only fit and work on a Mopar 4 speed A-833 transmission due to the shape and curvature of the levers.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
they may be correct as it looks like a Mopar

the round Hurst stick was used in many cars by GM, Ford, Chrysler, AMC
GMC and Chevy truck also used it but with a plain round stick with no Hurst stamp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts