Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's seems to be the easiest ,most popular photo hosting site these days? Or how are most of you posting pictures?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
There was a no pay fix for this problem posted a while back that allows you to continue to post using your PhotoBucket account. I have been using the pro settings due to my exceeding the number of free photos years ago so I never had an issue with them.

Big Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
It used to be photobucket but they are not well liked after their "3rd party hosting" rule went into effect.

I had so many pictures posted in so many forums that I caved and paid the fee.:frown2:

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Maybe you guys have way more pictures than I do. Most modern computers have so much storage, I just save pics to my computer.
I see no need to use a third party hosting site.

Perhaps I am just missing something.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Maybe you guys have way more pictures than I do. Most modern computers have so much storage, I just save pics to my computer. I see no need to use a third party hosting site. Perhaps I am just missing something.
It's cheaper for website to have a link to an off-site photo storage site than it is to host and store the pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
That may be. But:

1. I paid my lifetime membership and I would expect the website has built in the cost of hosting small pics.
2. I always dummy down the pics before posting, so they don't take up that much storage. They still show plenty of detail.
3. It REALLY sucks when the "off-site photo storage site" fails, changes their policy or just goes under, and the threads have no pics; just icons telling you that you can't see the pics.

I'll keep them on my computer. Right now I am only using 8 gigs of the 911 total on this computer. I doubt I will ever fill it up. One of our kiddos is a professional photographer, and I just bought her a lot of external storage so she won't have to rely on a third party. Storage is cheap these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts