Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help my mother bought a 1985 camaro with a 2.8 duel port throttle body fuel injection. This car is a real piece.:( I have pulled the trouble codes and chaned the o2 censor and the maf sensor..It runs great going down the road but once it warms up when you come to a stop the oil light flickers, ok guys the car is full on oil, and if you turn the wheel it dies... It starts right back up and drives fine what elese do I do besides set it on fire!!!!:D Oh and it passes smog like a champ.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Put a bottle of good fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank and turn the idle up ?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Check the idle air bypass motor. It sounds like that may be dirty or not functioning. On OBD 1 systems, not all components will set a trouble code like OBD 2, especially if it's right on the border of functioning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much and we did try that but it is no longer a problem because as I was driving it back to here town It blew something it died overheated and had water in oil. well atleast it's over with!!! thanks

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Oh well. Time for a 383 crate motor.

I was about to say it sounded like shot bearings. Good oil pressure when cold (thick oil) the pressure dies off once the oil is warm and thin.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
TPI specialties have REALLY good bolt in crate motors for those year cars....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts