Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys! This body story is worth sharing.

So I decided to buy a welder and start on my 69 Camaro Coupe restoration. Great! I started by removing the rear quarter on the pass side. Lo and behold-- there was the full original rear quarter underneath it!:confused: The previous owner (I need to make that clear) decided that instead of fixing the outer wheel wells and louvered areas for rust, he should just weld the new 80% skins RIGHT OVER ORIGINAL QUARTERS! Unbelievable! Some people just don't deserve to own these cars--right?

Anyway, I was clever enough to cut out the rear quarter 80% skin and have it as an extra. It is in excellent condition and must have been installed right before I bought the car. *If anyone would like to buy the rear skins from me, I am selling them.

I thought you all would enjoy the photos of the entire process. I tackled the pass rear quarter yesterday and will remove the driver rear (outer) quarter tomorrow. I plan to document the entire resto on photobucket in a slide show. That way I can share it with Camaros.net and its members. Hope this helps others, as much as you guys have helped me.

Wish me luck! Maybe I will find an Double set of gauges, fiber optics, and Rosewood on the car!:D

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE SLIDESHOW: *(passenger rear quarter skin removal)

Enjoy!:thumbsup:

Todd

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
CRazy:noway:

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Todd...
Too funny ! Hey, atleast you can get a few bucks for the quarters you pulled.

Kev
Kev

Yes! I plan on selling them asap. I ordered my new FULL quarters (L+R) and the inner tail panel today. Great deal through Mattsclassicbowtie store on ebay! $589 plus $105 shipping for the pair. I couldn't pass it up. AND only $60 for the inner rear tail panel. ALL Goodmark pieces too. I do have new outer wheel houses and full trunk floor already to compliment the new full quarters. oh and a new rear outer tail panel. Might as well right? The money keeps flowing.... outward :(

Thanks for the reply

Todd

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:yes:If the wheel well lip is rusted, 99% of the time the outer wheel well lip will be as well.
Yes. I already bought the full rear quarters, both outer wheel houses, full trunk floor, drop offs, rear inner and outer tail panel, trunk floor braces and the rear filler panel inbetween the window and trunk lid. My trunk lid is like-new and an original GM. The rear spoiler is a like-new GM original. I think now all I need is a few weeks of hard core patience and lots of Argon gas! :)

Thanks for the reply. Will post the progress. Check out Mattsclassicbowties for an awesome price on full rear quarters -- $589 per pair and only $105 shipping for the pair to a business! I grabbed a set today...

Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts