Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the post in General Tech about aftermarket seats. I really like the Corbeau's but am not thrilled about the price and the black cloth only, I know that they are great seats though.

I am slowly turning my 69 into a 21st century daily driver. I can get seats out of 98 Camaros, Firebirds etc. for $50-$75 a piece. I recently installed 5 point harnesses in the car and really need the slots for the shoulder harness's (no roll cage).

Since I will be recovering the seats when I do the interior, is it possible to put the cutouts for the harness's in these seats? I am pretty sure I can but would like some opinions. Thanx, Sean

·
Registered
89 Posts
I posted on this topic a couple of months ago. I was wondering what was involved in mounting an aftermarket seat (corbeau, flofit, or even a later model seat.) Alot of them say they have brackets to fit or you have to modify the original bracket. I don't know. As far as price goes- around here I would have about as much in later model seats and having them recovered as I would buying aftermarket so I'll probably go aftermarket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jamex makes some great looking seats as well. The 'Monaco' model is reclinable, and it also offers holes for 5-point harnesses. I think the website is Jamex.com, but I haven't been able to make it work. You might try a search.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got the new NPD catalog today and as was discussed earlier, they have the FLOFIT seats now. Sharp! Not bad pricing, either compared to others I've seen. I'm going to call them today to see if they offer fabric to cover the rear seat to match. Thought you guys might want to know this if you hadn't already gotten this catalog.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info. Again I am concerned about hacking up new seats for the shoulder harness slots. I will be visiting my local upolstry shop to see what they recommend.

BTW. For anyone interested I picked up a pair of the RJS 5-point harnesses(floor mount, y-type shoulder harness) and bolted them to the rear seat belt anchor. Makes you completely immobile, and look REAL cool.

Sean

·
10,147 Posts
Scat crankshaft is coming out with a line of reclinable seats made like the corbeau seats swith sholder harness slots.
They have a web page attached to the crankshaft web page but it is not fully up yet.
I believe these seats have a slot for a crotch strap too.
The price is good, around high two hundreds, each I think. The colors are kinda bright, red, black, blue.
David
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327
69 Camaro Vintage Racer
65 Lola T-70 Can Am Vintage Racer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts