Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey thanks to everyone that help me get thru this. I was really afraid of screwing up. But with a little help from my friend. We finally got the driver side quater/wheel wells done check it out. Let me know what you guys think. Currently working on the passenger side right now should be done by this weekend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey marcus,
im about 3 months out from starting on the quaters. im working on the front now. can you tell me what welder you used? did you do that work at home in your garage? i want to try and do my own sheetmetal work but dont know if i can with only 110 for electricity.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
68Resurrection, All the work on my car has been int he garage on the weekends. I used the Lincon 110 Mig I buy the wire at homedepot. Your weld sounds just like mine. You should have no problems. Remember take your time, and you get thru it. Im now a month into my rear quaters. After this I will start doing my rockers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
one month for one quarter? i can see that i guess. rust proofing as you go. makes sence.

I did some cutting today on the side cowl. took out the rust and did a rough cut on the replacement sheetmetal. im excited to actually be cutting fianlly. i have to clean up the inside this week and im planning on doing some welding next weekend.

you guys have givin me alot of confidence. seeing the pics before, during and after makes this stuff look easy. im going to pick out a welder this week. i figure if i spend $800- $1000 on a good welder now, ill save a whloe lot more in the end. why pay someone else is how i see it.

thanks again!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looking good. I am trying to get my front end back together to get stuff out of the way. Then I am going to hit the lower rear passenger patch, then the driver quarter. That should be fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts