Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 British Green M.O.
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE OUT THERE RUNNING A HOLLEY CARB. LIST 4346? CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT SIZE POWER VALVES YOU ARE USING 6.5 OR 8.5? WHAT CAR ARE YOU RUNNING ON IT ? HOW IS IT DOING ? THANKS DIANNA

·
Registered
1968 Z28 RS Camaro 302 British Green M.O.
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really all I wanted to know is if anyone is running a 4347 780 cfm Holley carb on there camaro and if they like it or having any problems, also we put the 8.5 power valves in and had to change them to 6.5 Our '68 Z28 with Dart Sortmen Heads (400) seems to like it. Dianna Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh, well, being a former Holley factory Pro-Stock race carb tech, I really love copy and paste posters that only give a partial info setup.

What is not said in that pasted diatribe is that the best way to go the distance is to DRIVE the vehicle, and if needed, change the PV to one that works better

Now, before you do all that, there are a couple of tings you need to get right before going to a PV change

1st, get the timing right, initial, total, and full manifold added idle timing, this will help with number 2

2nd, get the idle set correctly to allow the Idle Transfer Slotrs in the throttle bores to be open only .020. IF you do not get this done correctly, and the ITS is toofar open, the PV setting will not have good effects, no matter the valve used. .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m running an 8.5 power valve front and rear and 72 jets front and 78 jets rear on a L78 396. Base timing is set at 18 degrees. Car was running lean before upping the power valves and the jets. Seems to be running better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts