1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Congatulations, Jeff!!! Way to Go!!!!

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
The article was written by Jeff, is he working for Car Craft now? I had heard they were looking for a new editor. Great job on the car and the article Jeff!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thank alot guys, I appreciate it.

Dennis,
No, not working for Car Craft, I still work for the General, Yes, I actually did write it, but that was not the original plan, Jeff Smith (Editor) had asked me just to provide more detail on my experiences with the car etc...so I sat down and ended up writing my history, with cars, and with this car, including influences (Dad) and many other things...Jeff really liked it, and wanted to use it as written....as a resto story from the first person perspective....I provided a disk of over 625 build-up photos, He ended up using 30 pictures total in the magazine, 5 or 6 of the pros and approx 25 of mine, which he picked to illustrate the story. Believe me, writing an article for a major magazine is the last thing I could picture myself doing, it just kind of worked out that way.....

Thanks again fellas...

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Congrats!! My copy got to be in the mailbox today.

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Ya done good Jeff. Kevin Lee was using some reader write ups like that in Camaro Performers and I always wondered if doing so got him moved to the truck mag. Super Chevy and Camaro Performers seems to be geared toward the teen or yonger side these days. I think Car Craft has really improved and taken on an adult appeal since Smith has been there.

Anyway back on topic, you would be a good writer...

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
great job there CrossRam
wish I had a pacer to starve my checkbook.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Wife chased me to Jewel for grocery's tonight, while I was there, picked up CC. Excellent article, Jeff. Those pro writers couldn't of done it justice.

Ya got me scared to death with the media blasting part tho...My ragtop's "solid" too

·
10,164 Posts
Great story, it's really nice to read how much the project meant to the owner. There is so often an emotional component of a project that is left out of most articles.
David

·
Registered
551 Posts
Congrats Jeff!!!

I'm picking up a copy on the way home tonight.

Rick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts