Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a housing for a one piece rear main seal sbc. The dealership can not ID the correct 4 bolts that hold the alluminum housing to the block. The only bolts that came with it are the torex studs that fasten to the oil pan. It appears that there is a larger opening before the threads on the left side. I can not find a good diagram of this and thought of going to a salvage yard to see one pulled apart???

Does anyone know where I can get the right bolts for the seal housing?
Thanx

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
boneyard..

·
3,428 Posts
cc,
The bolts are metric if I remember correctly. One of them is a stud with a nut on it. I have a set sitting on the work bench next to a seal housing at the shop, getting ready to put on an engine. I can take a pic monday. You might want to find a different dealer to look the parts up, I have purchased them before and my local dealer has never had a problem finding them.

By the way, fill out your profile so we know where you are located, makes it easier to find a supplier near you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all advice - was able get complete bot set from machine shop that prepared my block - Thanks!
Seal installed - :hurray:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts