Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of pulling my engine and want to remove the ac hoses and compressor and mounting brackets. I don't have the proper equipment to fully evacuate the system prior to disassembly. What is a quick way to open and vent the system so it can be removed? I will likely be replacing the system with a Vintage Air setup.

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
I am in the process of pulling my engine and want to remove the ac hoses and compressor and mounting brackets. I don't have the proper equipment to fully evacuate the system prior to disassembly. What is a quick way to open and vent the system so it can be removed? I will likely be replacing the system with a Vintage Air setup.
Not that you would ever be caught, but the authorities don't take kindly to venting freon to atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
4,724 Posts
it will be our little secret...
I have heard before that some shops may even buy the freon out of your system. Stuff is expensive these days.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Save everything, someone doing a restoration might be interested.

You might check on updating existing system to R134 as opposed to a whole new system from a cost and installing view.

if this is an older system and not working chances are good the Freon is long gone anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Save everything, someone doing a restoration might be interested.

You might check on updating existing system to R134 as opposed to a whole new system from a cost and installing view.

if this is an older system and not working chances are good the Freon is long gone anyway.
Got it done. Cracked the big nut on the high pressure side by the suitcase. It came out with a scweel. The entire engine side system is now out, except f
20210721_153837.jpg
or the suitcase​

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts