Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm still trying to decide on a color for my car. Its a '69 that I'm buiding as a Pro-touring/g-machine. I'm considering the Viper steel grey but can't decide.

My Yahoo site has pix of my car and some of the others cars I've seen (some of th pix and from guys on this website !!!!! Thanks ). It also has the Viper in the grey scheme I was considering..
http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/drjdvm95/lst?.dir=/%2769+Camaro+Project&.src=ph&.view=t

I kind of want to do something different, since every car I've ever owner has been red, but I'm concerned that the grey is just too bland.

I've removed all of the emblems and chrome at the bottom of the doors etc and was considering doing the trim pieces around the windows black with the bumpers still chrome...

Once again , the car is far from original/stock and thats not what I want the car to look like either.

So what do you guys think ????

I considered putting this in Body Shop, but the traffic is too slow in there.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Your link doesn't want to work for me so I couldn't see your car. But I say do what you like - especially if its alreadu not stock and do not plan to return it to stock condition.

I just went through the same thing with my 68 (originally a 6 cyl car) so I wasn't worried about "wrecking" a rare car. I went with a base-coat/clear-coat pearl red with a white hockey stripe, 383 fender emblems, and a cowl hood - the way I like it! I am happy with the results and people at cruise-ins seem to like it too.

I will say that I've never been a big fan of gray (kind of bland IMO), but I don't know what you have in mind exactly. I've seen some really awesome looking deep pearl blue's and deep metalic greens that really look nice too if you want to avoid red and other common colors. Whatever you decide, definately do the car the way you want it - you'll be happier in the long run that way.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'll go with 3DUDE and vote for Rallye Green, That's what my '69 is and I LOVE IT!!! If you want to check it out, go to the members listing on this site and look for 1NAST69.

just my 2 cents

------------------
1969 RS/SS CAMARO
350 / 4 spd. Rallye Green

G

·
Well, I know that gray seems to be bland, but that Viper Steel Gray just looks AWESOME. I've seen a local Viper, and pictures of a late model WS6 in that color OMG! It is a very unique color that stands out... perhaps with black stripes?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I will throw in another vote for Rallye Green. When it came time to paint my car I had never seen a rallye green car and the only place left on my car that was still green was small spot on the firewall. I was not sure how a car would look in that color and it took some time to decide to paint it green. I am very pleased with how it turned out. Erik

·
Registered
91 Posts
I own a '68 Camaro and I just sent it out to the body shop for fiberglass work and primer. I am also in that stage of what color to chose. I had the Viper green in mind from day one until I saw this vehicle. Let me know what you think of this. It is, I believe, I slight bit lighter than the Viper descibed earlier. http://www.cars-on-line.com/67cam7347.html

------------------
1968 Camaro, 383 Stroker, 450hp @5400rpm, 3.73 10-bolt
Lots of body and interior work to do now and it's all
new to me, lots of advice to ask for, thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by 2zMax (edited 06-03-2002).]

·
Registered
40 Posts
After seeing Stielow's car, I think they look good in gray. I also live in Manteca. I would like to check out you car. Did you do most of the work yourself? Do you have any good references you a body shop? I have a 69 also that I'm going to do the pro-touring thing

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
The other day I saw a BMW Z3 in gray. Reminded me of the old Corvette 'gunmetal gray'. Looked fantastic. I vote for either Viper or BMW gray!

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah i have a grey BMW myself(I tend to brag that its silver :) ), but You know what...the 18 Inch Hartge machined Aluminum 'Classics' really bring the grey out! I think that is the key with GREY- the wheel selection!!!

Or else- it is a bland color for sure!

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
This was a quite dark shade, very nice.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This decision is giving me an ulcer !!!!!

I keep changing my mind !!!!

Viper Steel grey with the silver stripes.......

Red with white stripes...........

I just can't decide !!!!

I know everyone says do what I want not what everyone tells you...... but I can't decide what i want !!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the silver with black stripes is sharp. GO RAIDERS. No wait red with black stripes. GO BUCS. Personally I always wanted a back with gold stripes first gen Camaro with gold American mags (don,t think they make those anymore but...). Just don't go with anything too far out there, make a decision and live with it, you'll make the right choice. After all I have to live with my Hugger Orange with white stripes (which I've heard alot people bash)69 Z/28 and I love it. GO VOLS.

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
I still can't find this Member's Exchange. I'd like to see a pic of 1NAST69 or any other dark green. I want something a little darker than 69 Rallye Green. I've been told the color I like is called kelly or hunter or deep forest. Maybe something like 68 Verdoro green metalic. I want to change my ash gold (AKA pea soup green) to a dark green with a white ragtop and white bumble bee stripe. I'll probably leave the interior Ivy gold which again is a sort of pea green. I think that'll match. I've also thought about changing the ingerior to white but I don't know if I want to try to keep that clean.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts