Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'd really like to get your opinion on an exterior color. I'm pretty far along the path of a 1969 Camaro SS rebuild. The car is being built as a street-legal track car, and should be ready for paint in April. I'm going after a look that's clean, mostly stock in terms of body modifications, and a single color. Later, I'll experiment with different "wraps" for the track, which are temporary and could be changed. What's important to me right now is to have a great base color, and I'm learning towards something in the yellow, orange, or maybe white families.

Here are the two mockups I got back from the graphic designer. What do you think? Do you have any ideas for other colors (with pictures or links if you can)?

Thank you,

-Mike

Attachments

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,183 Posts
It all comes down to personal preference... you seem to like yellow, orange, or white.
Out of those my vote would be Hugger Orange. I also like Lemans Blue.

One thing to factor in; are you keeping the car long-term? or intending to sell at some point?
If you intend to sell, you would want to stick with one of the more 'popular' colors.

·
Registered
931 Posts
It all comes down to personal preference... you seem to like yellow, orange, or white.
Out of those my vote would be Hugger Orange. I also like Lemans Blue.

One thing to factor in; are you keeping the car long-term? or intending to sell at some point?
If you intend to sell, you would want to stick with one of the more 'popular' colors.

You beat me to suggesting Hugger Orange!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Fred and Jeff. Yes I agree it's definitely down to personal preference. I look out my window and all I see are black, silver, and white cars -- it's like no one wants a "color" any more. I'm trying to find a cool color, but something that's not an eye sore.

I like Hugger Orange. I'll definitely consider it. Initially I thought I'd be going for Red, but then I saw Mark Stielow's Red Devil Camaro (which I think is absolutely beautiful) and didn't want to feel as though I copied it.

I hope to keep this car a long time and give it to my son one day, so at least at this stage I'm not too worried about resale. I could always paint it again I suppose one day if needed to make it more sellable.

Thanks again for your opinions! Keep 'em coming :). If I get any more design mockups I'll share them here too.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Thank you Fred and Jeff. Yes I agree it's definitely down to personal preference. I look out my window and all I see are black, silver, and white cars -- it's like no one wants a "color" any more. I'm trying to find a cool color, but something that's not an eye sore.

I like Hugger Orange. I'll definitely consider it. Initially I thought I'd be going for Red, but then I saw Mark Stielow's Red Devil Camaro (which I think is absolutely beautiful) and didn't want to feel as though I copied it.

I hope to keep this car a long time and give it to my son one day, so at least at this stage I'm not too worried about resale. I could always paint it again I suppose one day if needed to make it more sellable.

Thanks again for your opinions! Keep 'em coming :). If I get any more design mockups I'll share them here too.

-Mike
Keep in mind, unless you mix up a custom color?...you're ALWAYS going to be copying somebody ;)

Good luck with your choice...it was one of the toughest decisions I made regarding my car.

Jim

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Since transformers Bumblebee, I see every second car is Daytona Yellow. I love colors, as well and Reds and Oranges would be my choice. For some reason I also lean towards a light blue Metalic like Glacier Blue for Resto Mods.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
My next 69 Camaro will be Fathom Green (just dreaming.) The darker colors help to "hide" the rubber behind the rear wheel wells on the ride home from the track. You don't want to be profiled as a street racer by those that server and protect. :noway: Cheers, Fred

·
Registered
711 Posts
There are so many good colors to choose from, if you want a crazy orange, go lambo gallardo tri-coat orange. Its pricey, but awesome looking. HOK has a pretty tangelo orange as well, if you are wanting something that pops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts