Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
the durangoes went to a new transmision and it is worth chit. after there warranty expect to spend 2500 on transmission.for other else on car i dont know ive done 2005 transmissions allready out of dealer warranty.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
There goes the Camaro money. :eek:

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
I had three 2000 Durrango's that I bought for my company. Every one had tranny problems at some point. BUT, for the price, with a V8 (at least in 2000 they had V8's) they were still worth it. I know serveral other people whom have had tranny problems with them, 1999-2002.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
32,776 Posts
That's what I'm talking about !!!!! You're one lucky dog.........LOL

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
MY 4X4 Quad cab dakota has a 5.9L in it and ive only had tranny trouble 2x in 140K miles w only 1 rebuild. installed aftermarket bands and clutch. pretty good to me...I believe 06 has a 46RFE..right Bill?

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think so....
I'll just keep it on the Severe Duty schedule for maintenance, keep good ATF in it and hope for the best.

The wife got a great deal. We picked it up last night.... WOW! I've never seen so many gadgets and buttons before. And they wonder why people are distracted while they're driving.

I thought it had the 4.7 but it's got the 5.7 Hemi! I can't wait to drive it.... someday. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Hey good luck with it Joe....I have a 99 dodge dakota 4X4 and can't wait to get rid of it...:sad: I made the mistake of buying the V6 (gas reasons) Not much power, and I have a V8 foot. Lots of issues with it... head gasket, radiator, 2 fan clutches, waterpump, steering column radio volume control, ingition switch, thermostat, A/C issues.....and a few other things.... It only has 117K on it....I'm turning 50 this year and as a present to myself, I am getting a silverado Z71 this time.... I hope you got a good warranty with it....:)

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Extended "covers everything" warranty. :thumbsup:

I had no say in the whole thing, so whatever happens, happens. Personally I wouldn't have purchased one myself. You know some people..... "Ooooooo, pretty! I want one!"

As long as she doesn't drive it like she drove the little Civic (like a Formula 1), it should be OK. Fortunately her work is only 7 miles away and the speed limit never goes above 40mph. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts