Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Today a few friendfs came over for a drink and we got onto the subject of Z27 option.

Can some one clarify for me if this option included a 12 bolt diff.

and did all Z11 cars have a 12 bolt diff.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
871 Posts
The Z27 option was the SS option. It included the 12 bolt differential. As far as I know, all Z11's (SS/RS) had a 12 bolt rear.

------------------
Dave
'69 Z11 Pace Car, 350/4 speed, manual top, console w/gauges, tilt rosewood wheel, AM radio

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
There are some Z11's and Z27 small block SS's equipped with a 10 bolt axle. If you ordered and L48 engine and a powerglide transmission you got a 10 bolt axle. I know of at least 2 Z11's equipped that way. Engine suffix code for this combination is HE.

The real mystery is why anyone would order a powerglide to start with.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
The TH350 and TH400 (for big block cars) were available for the entire model year. The 350 was relatively new, so maybe for that reason, and money reasons, some opted for the 2 speed PG.

No Z11 were made that early. I don't know exactly know when the first ones were built, but I think late Feb- early March.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any literature on this topic ??

Is there a book which describes Z27 for small blocks and big blocks and the differences on what you got depending on cubic inches.

Hey, this info is quite important down here, not to mention I have a slab of beer riding on this.

Thanks again for your help !!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
CRG gets most of it's information from actual unmolested cars, and literature (order forms, brochures, protect-o-plates, etc.)

There are lots of books out there, but I have found some to be inaccurate. There is one book that focuses on the SS cars in general (including Impala, Chevelle, Nova, Camaro) called Chevy SS, or something similar.
There's another called *The Camaro Whitebook* that lists the standard features and all options, year to year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts