Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just about finished my '67 RS.

I've painted the car a color called Black Garnet Pearl which is a dark burgundy that some new Lexus cars are painted. (pls see my sig) I also added a cowl hood.

I've been toying with adding white Z-28 stripes to my car b/c I think they look great and I'm not looking to sell my car anytime soon. I even bought the stencil kit when I painted my car but my brother talked me out of the stripes when he was painting the car @ his body shop.

I've grown to really love the car w/out the stripes but wonder what it would look like w/them. Are there any products out there that I can use to paint or apply white gloss stripes on the car that can be removed easily.

I could photochop them on but the paint has a lot of effects and I really need to see them under different lighting situations before I commit to painting them for real.

Does anyone have any suggestions for checking this out? I'd be open to paint or even some sort of glossy white material I could put on to check it out. I don't even need to drive the car w/it on.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Re: Options for paining temporary stripes to check them out

Any sign shop in your area should be able to fix you up. I own a sign shop and did these myself. I'd like to be able to help you out but this time of year I am swamped with road construction signs. These pics. are of my son Jeff's car. He wants to make a couple changes so these will be coming off. He's gotta wait for awhile though. :noway:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

np - thanks for the info. If I do the stripes for real, I'm going to have them painted on. I'll swing by my local sign shop and see if I can just get a roll of white vinyl from them to mock them up and check out how the white interacts w/the paint.

There is quite a bit of gold flake in the paint and I wanted to see how things will look w/white on both sides

·
Registered
374 Posts

For temp use you might want to ask for "paint mask" vinyl. It has less aggressive adhesive and is easier to remove. Comes in white or yellow. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

Hey oakster, I'm considering the same on my 69 which is Azure Turquoise. Want to see what white Z28 stripes would look like on the car. I just came across a company: camarocentral 800-990-1969 who sells on eBay. They advertise a Vinyl Z28 Decal Kit which is peel & stick for cowl hoods. I just sent them an email to see how they cover the cowl vents and to confirm it includes the outer pin stripe(s). For $120 plus shipping, you may want to check it out. Charlie 69 RS

·
Registered
163 Posts

There is a product I have seen advertised on some of the TV car shows for temporary graphics that is a spraycan application and then can be washed off. The ad is based on making the family car a weekend crusier and then back to a family car. As easy to remove as washing the car. Wish I could remember the name of the product. Maybe someone else can help.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
630 Posts
In the April issue of Popular Hot Rodding Magazine there is an article titled "Earn Your Stripes" good reading on how to lay your own strips with vinyl. They used (Calon Vinyl) from www.arlon.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.