Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's the second one I've ever seen. I'm not much of a '69 expert - could you get a powerslide in a ss 350 in 69??

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Look closely on the trim tag, that's an X-44 car, certainly not an "SS" of any kind. Sweet car though, love those colors. I didn't see "clone" in the ad anywhere, that would have been nice. Somebody will buy it thinking it's a real SS.......good grief. KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69 SS/396 CLONE!
The Texas Tornado lives!
http://www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd/

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Hey KZ, you looked at the trim tag, didn't you notice something strange with those rivets? Great looking car although, but by just looking at the odometer, I can say my 68 has only 43K miles?

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
165 Posts
The add dosent say anything about the car being a SS.I think the owner described the car very nicely,as for the trim plate rivets they look fine compared to the Camaro`s a other Chevy`s I have had have.This Camaro look`s very nice and I for one would love to have it, if only I had room for another one.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I didn't see anything wrong with the rivets, besides, why would somebody fake an "X-44" trim tag? The owner is very careful with his wording, but I still think it's misleading, I mean, he doesn't say it's an SS, but he doesn't say it's not an SS car either. You and I might look at that car and realize it's a clone in 2 seconds, but not everyone is as smart as you and me......That's just my .02 cents.......KZ

------------------
John D. Smith
69 SS/396 CLONE!
The Texas Tornado lives!
http://www.geocities.com/kz1000ltd/

·
Registered
725 Posts
Cool that is the first orange orange car I have seen.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
look at the middle of the steering wheel, where the SS emblem is. something was peeled off. probably nothing major, but it kind of stuck out to me.wonder why they just didn't put Z/28 badges on it.
i do like that color combo. someday my nova will look similar to that.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know this is minor also but the car has the Trim package (louvers, wheel well trim..) but the rear tail light lenses and headlights are missing the chrome trim.

[This message has been edited by Billb (edited 12-01-2001).]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
novaderrik, i think you are right, i didnt notice it, but it looks like the standard bowtie emblem on the steering wheel shroud (which is round) was taken off and replaced with the SS emblem......
One other thing that seems odd is if it has 27k orig. miles, why is the engine not original? Very nice car though-
The reserve has been met, its off the the races!

------------------
My '69 Camaro Convertible

[This message has been edited by mr69 (edited 12-01-2001).]

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Orange/orange was not at all unusual here in WI. Of the 3 Z/28s I've owned, 2 were o/o, one with JL8. A friend nearby has a Z/28-RS, black vinyl & stripes though. A former co-worker is the original owner of an o/o COPO purchased from Dale Chev, where most of this combo seem to have come from. There were also several other non-HP Camaros in these colors.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
That is a really sweet car, and yes the owner has not tried to say it is an "SS". So I don't think anyone should be trying to say otherwise.
Whatever it is, it has been done well. My criticism is, that back seat sure looks like a repro cover to me, notice the wrinkles???? I would not think a car with low mileage should require this??
Then again "ORANGE" is my favourite colour??
What do you think?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I'm just a little bugged - the owner DID say the car is an SS. He did not put it in the ad, but the SS emblems are all over the car! I think that if one is selling something that is fake (or a clone) he has the RESPONSIBILITY to say so.

If I sell a cubic-zirconia ring that looks like a diamond ring, at a diamond ring price, in a box that says diamond ring, then I'm the crook for not saying anything to an unwary buyer whether my ad says anything or not. We're the equivalent to the jewelers - we KNOW how to spot clones and fakes, but 99% of the population does not.

Very nice car though.

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
Did everyone read the verbage? Here's a chunk of it!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>We cannot document the actual miles but if you look this car over you will come to same conclusion we have and we think it is actual miles? The car purrs like it just came of the line. We will get some pictures of the undercarriage as soon as we get a nice sunny dry day here, and we will post them ASAP. We have taken a picture of the data plate for your viewing, here are a few of the #'s we found on the motor: TO444CTB, 12J25162 the 6 my be a "G", CM9T, 3999290. We don't know what we have exactly, but we do know we have a great looking car that is in need of nothing to enjoy now<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody said anything about the Z valve covers or the chrome thermostat housing or the hockey stripe around the 350 emblems
. It's not even a D80 car!!!

Anyone that does just the smallest amount of homework will know what they are buying. Anyone that buys it and thinks it's a real SS can't say they got the impression from the seller... The seller is bold is thinking the 27K miles isn't 127K or 227K and a bit bold not knowing what he has (X44) but he has presented all the facts and that's the important thing!!

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
278 Posts
$16.5 with 3 days to go... makes me wonder what mine would bring?
odo showing 97,500. don't think it's been around before, but whose to say for sure?

------------------
To see a pic of my car, click here...

·
Registered
304 Posts
after looking at my 67 I think it only 868 miles!

they are looking for the one person that won't ask the right Q's , you know the fool who's money is soon seprated!

don't get me wrong very sharp car!,but 16000.00 plus for a base car with out matching #'s ???

------------------
drive it like you stole it!!! :D
67 327 11:1 4spd.
70 454 400thm 10 bolt posi
2000 SS camaro navy blue
my camaros

·
Registered
501 Posts
The ad clearly should address the SS badges. It's not an SS (X-44, no 12 bolt, P-glide, no camel humps, wrong this, wrong that), yet the buyer is to figure this out for themselves. Next, who would do a frame-off on a 27,000 mile car?

Cleverly worded ads or omissions are being defended here, and that probably speaks to the integrity of these individuals. I buy and sell 69's sight unseen but I won't even pick up the phone if I see bs like this. Nice car, 200% overpriced. My opinion.

We need to elevate the level of itegrity of our hobby and expose the individuals (not defend) who attempt to trick folks out of their hard-earned-American. Again, my opinion.

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sleepy-69:
The ad clearly should address the SS badges. It's not an SS (X-44, no 12 bolt, P-glide, no camel humps, wrong this, wrong that), yet the buyer is to figure this out for themselves. Next, who would do a frame-off on a 27,000 mile car?

Cleverly worded ads or omissions are being defended here, and that probably speaks to the integrity of these individuals. I buy and sell 69's sight unseen but I won't even pick up the phone if I see bs like this. Nice car, 200% overpriced. My opinion.

We need to elevate the level of itegrity of our hobby and expose the individuals (not defend) who attempt to trick folks out of their hard-earned-American. Again, my opinion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OUCH!! That hurts!! You can question my integrity all you want but I think my record speaks for itself!! The seller did not set the price!! The reserve was met and surpassed!! The high bidder now is a business called "The Big Toy Store" (someone that should know car values) Disclosure is evident the min you look at the photos and the fact that it doesn't say SS in the ad's verbage anywhere!! Other than taking asumptions in his favor on the mileage there is no mis-representation!! As for needing a restoration with only 27,000 miles look at this one... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=598426716

Not saying it's true mileage but 30+ years and the right owners and conditions can tear apart any car!!!

I think some folks are getting cought up in their role of protecting the public a bit!! If that car were documented and real would it be at 16K or 26K right now??? Some nerve!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts